Friday 14 April 2017

Issues Getting Highcharts Export Server Running Under iisnode

I am working on trying to set up the Highcharts export server under node.js using iisnode (https://github.com/tjanczuk/iisnode). It basically acts as a pipe between requests to IIS through to node. Great! Only, how do I "install" the highcharts export server so it is using iisnode? I did the instructions on how to install the highcharts-export node module but it is installed under (Windows) AppData\Roaming\npm. How to move or point iisnode to the export server? This export server is run via the following once installed from npm:

highcharts-export-server --enableServer 1

So, to get this installed and used in IIS8 + iisnode 1) What is the right directory to install export server locally (on Windows the modules pulled in via npm go to C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\nmp\ where is the logged in user using npm to install the package)? 2) What is the iisnode configuration necessary for this?

I have the iisnode setup and running on our development box and all the examples work. My confusion lies partly with the utter lack of documentation for issnode. All the links I have found just repeat the items listed in the links from the issnode developer with no actual "here is how you take a node app that exists in npm and have it work in issnode." I don't necessarily need my hand held every step of the way. I am just seeing no list of steps to even follow.



via wergeld

No comments:

Post a Comment