Saturday 15 April 2017

in Node.js event loop - will callbacks to say i/o events say 'new HTTP request received' be executed in the 'I/O Callbacks' phase OR 'Poll' phase

I see that Event loop typically phases through the following cycle in each iteration: Timers -> I/O Callbacks -> idle -> Poll -> Check -> Close as per the official Node.js docs https://nodejs.org/en/docs/guides/event-loop-timers-and-nexttick/ .

Now it also says 'I/O Callbacks' phase executes callbacks for some system operations such as types of TCP errors' for example typical operations like TCP connection errors.

and in the 'Poll' phase - it says 'retrieve new I/O events' . like incoming connections , data, etc

I am confused. in which phase are I/O events (callback handlers) like 'new HTTP Request received', 'data received from database per previous query' are executed?



via Srini

No comments:

Post a Comment