Monday 10 April 2017

Attach Visual Studio Code to IIS process running

I'm currently understanding how works a project that integrates ASP.NET Web API and Node.js. Once an ASP.NET API is invoked, the internal logic redirects a call to another API developed in Node.js.

My main objective is to debug the Node.js endpoint.

The solution ASP.NET is hosted in local IIS in port:80 with a virtual directory.

enter image description here

I saw that VS Code allows you to attach a process with a launch.json file included in .vscode configuration folder. This file looks this way:

enter image description here

I tried by changing values in this file and I couldn't make it work. So I guess that I'm not doing the correct thing or my configuration is wrong.

Nevertheless, I don't really know if this is possible because is my first looking about the integration between an ASP.NET API site and another developed in Node.js, so any suggestion could be very helful.

Thanks in advance!



via Mauro Bilotti

No comments:

Post a Comment