Monday 10 April 2017

Nodemon installed but can't be found

I've tried uninstalling and and reinstalling nodemon several times both locally and globally with:

sudo npm install -g nodemon

and it seems to install no problem, and gives me:

/usr/local/bin/bin/nodemon -> /usr/local/bin/lib/node_modules/nodemon/bin/nodemon.js
/usr/local/bin/lib
    └── nodemon@1.11.0 

but whenever I run

nodemon server.js

in my app, I get;

-bash: nodemon: command not found

Like I mentioned, I've tried the same process but installing locally to my app dependancies, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. What's going on here? I followed the same process on a different machine, and it worked no problem.

Googling around, I came across some posts that mentioned changing/adding the PATH? But it's not clear to me if that's or the problem or what that means.



via mrkmhny

No comments:

Post a Comment