Monday 8 May 2017

Which services to use for creating a multi platform auction app?

I am making an auction application that will run on iOS/Android and the also the web if logged in through a browser.

I am having a difficult time coming up with a solution to which backend to use, I have used Django in the past along with the Django REST framework for serving mobile devices. For static images I used an S3 bucket to store and keep references to the images in the Django DB (mySQL).

Given that this auction app will need to be fairly real time, I was thinking of using Node, angular, mongodb and express (MEAN) along with featherless and socket.io for real time updates and REST queries.

Now, I wanted to know whether this is a good approach or not, is there a better way of setting up the backend by using something that I am not aware of?

I would like to keep all of the business side logic on the server, would Node be good for that? In Django, I was able to do quite a lot of server side logic in python which was a real plus, but it seems very outdated.



via return0

No comments:

Post a Comment