Monday 8 May 2017

Specific MySQL Normalization for many same inputs

Thank you for opening this post. I need your help with MySQL DB Normalization. I have 10 sales people, selling stuff, and I have few people in support team, that does telemarketing sales for salesmen. So anyways, was thinking what's the best way to normalize table, but to take into consideration that salesmen often quits so I have to transfer their DB to another sales agent DB.

Currently I have only one table. Is it better to put all stuff into that one table or to separate into many other small tables. Currently my table looks like this

id , mb , company_name , city , company_owner , phone_no1 , phone_no2 , app_status , sales_agent , cc_agent , three_options , exp_date , cc_comment , sales_comment , input_date , call_made , status

id = AI PK UQ

mb = is unique key that I provide

company_name, city, company_owner, cc_comment, sales_comment, input_date, call_made, phone_no1 and phone_no2 should be in one table since it's all different. Right?

sales_agent = I have 10 people
cc_agent = I have 3 people
app_status = I have 3 statuses to select, so it has to be one out of three
status = I have 15 statuses to pick from, it has to be only one of those

So, maybe one table for all changeable stuff, another for sales_agent, another for cc_agent, app_status and status?

Thank you in advance.



via Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment