Tuesday 9 May 2017

Receiving and update image through websocket implemented with node.js

I'm not a programmer... I can create a websocket aplication in node.js, that can send an image to borwser, but I will have few images, that changed sometimes. Ex. image1.jpg image2.jpg image3.jpg image4.jpg and I need to keep updated this images in browser.

My app now work only with one image, without update. The full project is hear: https://github.com/akoscomp/imgstream I publish the image with this code:

io.sockets.on('connection', function(socket){
fs.readFile(__dirname + '/image.jpg', function(err, buf){
    //it's impossible to ebed binary data
    socket.emit('image', { image: true, buffer: buf.toString('base64') });
    console.log('image file is initialized: ' + __dirname + '/image.jpg');
});});

And I can check the file update, but I can't automate the update on browser:

   var watch = require('node-watch');
watch('image.jpg', function(evt, filename) {
  console.log(filename, ' changed.');
});

Please help me to automate the image update in borwser. After that I probably can apply the code for many images.



via Akos

No comments:

Post a Comment