Wednesday 10 May 2017

Expire time express and redis session

I'm using express and redis to keep the session live on my system. I having some problems to set the maxAge on the sessionCookie. By the default I read that is 24hrs, but that's a long time to keep it live. I would like to set like 30 min and then logout the user, I changed for 1min to see if it works but nothing happens, the user still logged.

This is my session function:

module.exports.initSession = function(app, db) {
  app.use(session({
    saveUninitialized: true,
    resave: false,
    secret: config.sessionSecret,
    cookie: {
      maxAge: 30*10000,
      httpOnly: true,
      secure: Boolean(process.env.ssl) || true
    },
    key: config.sessionKey,
    store: new RedisStore({
      host: config.redis.host || 'localhost',
      port: config.redis.port || 6379,
      db: config.redis.database || 0,
      pass: config.redis.password || ''
    })
  }));
};

I also tried using ttl instead of maxAge but I get the same result. What could it be?



via Ellebkey

No comments:

Post a Comment