Monday 8 May 2017

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory

I am trying to get get the folder path from user's selection and for each file I read it and return the data. However upon getting the file I cannot read the data for some reason that I have't been able to understand yet. The directory I am trying to read and render do exist. I have referred to the other similar posts as well.

readFolder() {
    dialog.showOpenDialog({ properties: ['openDirectory'] }, (dirFiles) => {
      console.log(dirFiles);
      if (dirFiles === undefined) {
        console.log('No file ');
        return;
      }
      const pathName = dirFiles[0];
      fs.readdir(pathName, (err, files) => {
        files.forEach(file => {
          fs.readFile(file, 'utf-8', (err, data) => {
            if (err) {
              console.log(`something went wrong  ${err}`);
            } else {
              console.log(data);
            }
          });
        });
      });
    });
  }



via Ozan

No comments:

Post a Comment