Monday 8 May 2017

404 Error when deploying Node/Express/Angular to Digital Ocean server

I have a Node/Express/Angular project I created that runs great on my local system.

The Grunt build produces a "server" dist file that I can run locally using "localhost:3000". But when I upload the site to my Digital Ocean server instance, I get the following 404 when I run it and try to access it via the IP address and port.

Not Found

404

Error: Not Found
    at /home/deploy/WWW/server/app.js:49:13
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/deploy/WWW/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    at trim_prefix (/home/deploy/WWW/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13)
    at /home/deploy/WWW/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
    at Function.process_params (/home/deploy/WWW/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
    at next (/home/deploy/WWW/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
    at SendStream.error (/home/deploy/WWW/server/node_modules/serve-static/index.js:121:7)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at SendStream.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at SendStream.error (/home/deploy/WWW/server/node_modules/send/index.js:282:17)

I'm not sure why it would work on my localhost and port number and not with the IP on the server and port number.

Any ideas??



via cnak2

No comments:

Post a Comment