Tuesday 6 June 2017

Node.js - npm start - "Unable to connect to the database: { SequelizeHostNotFoundError: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND undefined undefined:5432

I cloned a github repository for a website and I am trying to run it locally on my computer using Node.js "npm start" except there is the error

I understand this is a problem with accessing the database but I would like to know how to bypass that so I can edit the .js, .html, .css files only but I want to see the changes on my locally ran server.

OR

How to access/find the database address and connect it with node.js.

I am hosting the website on Digital Ocean and have a droplet and full access.

BLOCKED@0.0.1 start C:\Users\me\Documents\Website\Web-master
> node ./bin/www

development
Unable to connect to the database: { SequelizeHostNotFoundError: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND undefined undefined:5432
 at C:\Users\me\Documents\Website\Web-master\node_modules\sequelize\lib\dialects\postgres\connection-manager.js:101:20
    at Connection.<anonymous> (C:\Users\me\Documents\Website\Web-master\node_modules\pg\lib\client.js:185:5)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at Connection.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (C:\Users\me\Documents\Website\Web-master\node_modules\pg\lib\connection.js:71:10)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at connectErrorNT (net.js:1022:8)
    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:74:11)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:98:9)
  name: 'SequelizeHostNotFoundError',
  message: 'getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND undefined undefined:5432',
  parent:
   { Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND undefined undefined:5432
       at errnoException (dns.js:28:10)
       at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:76:26)
     code: 'ENOTFOUND',
     errno: 'ENOTFOUND',
     syscall: 'getaddrinfo',
     hostname: 'undefined',
     host: 'undefined',
     port: 5432 },
  original:
   { Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND undefined undefined:5432
       at errnoException (dns.js:28:10)
       at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:76:26)
     code: 'ENOTFOUND',
     errno: 'ENOTFOUND',
     syscall: 'getaddrinfo',
     hostname: 'undefined',
     host: 'undefined',
     port: 5432 } }

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you



via Mayank

No comments:

Post a Comment