Saturday 10 June 2017

Application bloat by using third parties library in NPM & Javascript

I'm working on a project with a friend.

He is by far a better programmer than I am, as I have been programming for a little over a year.

I noticed he often builds components, and functionality from scratch. I'd consider him almost a "hipster" in terms of building functionality from scratch.

Is there any downside to my approach of utilizing npm libraries, etc for use? Ie. Date Pickers, Map Components, etc?

One reason I might conjure up is that perhaps there's a performance hit. Will load time be affected significantly? I'm not building a large application, in fact I'd consider it small, BUT! I'm wondering if I'm "cheating", OR this will lead to bloat.

As a quick preview, my basic functionality would currently look to include:

  • Emoji Picker
  • Date Picker
  • Google Maps API Maps Component & Places
  • Form Validation Library
  • Superagent
  • Moment.js

Thanks!



via njho

No comments:

Post a Comment