Thursday 20 April 2017

"invalid session token" error when using RedisCacheAdapter

I want to switch my production Parse Server from using the in-memory cache layer to Redis. (I'm doing this because I want to scale up by having multiple instances of Parse Server respond to clients, and they all need to share user and role data).

When I test this locally, I find that all user session data is lost, and I get the dreaded "invalid session token" error on clients. Two questions (any insights on either is much appreciated!!):

  • How should I migrate session data? I was thinking of having a client detect the "invalid session token" error and force the user to reauthenticate, but curious if there's a sleeker solution to this.
  • How does Parse Server remember session data after it restarts? It looks like to me that Parse Server uses an in memory cache, and I don't see where or if this in memory cache is written to disk or recalled.


via Dany Joumaa

No comments:

Post a Comment