Saturday 22 April 2017

Node JS Stored Procedure field values returning as undefined

I am new to learning node, so sorry for a noob question. I have mysql running and stored proc returning fields. I want to assign the values to string variables and loop through each row. I do this alot in c#, but I am too much of a noob on node.

The results in the console are.

console.log(one)  -> 
[RowDataPacket {

CitySearchSearchEngineID: 1,

SearchURL: 'https://www.url.com' } ]

 OkPacket {

  fieldCount: 0,......
}

This above is good, however,

console.log(one.SearchURL); -> undefined

I have been struggling with this for a while now and can't figure out why I can't get the value out. I have tried a handful of different methods. If I do JSON.stringify it will give the row to a string just fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Code below.

var db = mysql.createConnection({
   host: 'localhost',
   user: 'root',
   password: 'secretpassword',
   database: 'DB1',
   port: 3306
 });

 db.connect(function(err){
  if(err){
    console.log('Error connecting to Db');
    return;
  }
  console.log('Connection established');
});

db.query('CALL esp_Select_SearchURLs()', function(err, rows){
  if(err) throw err;

  _.each(rows, function(one){

    console.log(one);
    console.log(one.SearchURL);

  });
});



via StevenG

No comments:

Post a Comment