Saturday 8 April 2017

Eslint expected indentation of 1 tab but found 4 spaces error

I am using VScode with latest version of Eslint. It is my first time using a linter.

I keep getting this linting error when using a tab as indentation:

severity: 'Error' message: 'Expected indentation of 1 tab but found 4 spaces. (indent)' at: '4,5' source: 'eslint'

Here is my config file

{
"env": {
    "browser": true,
    "commonjs": true,
    "es6": true,
    "node": true
},
"extends": "eslint:recommended",
"rules": {
    "indent": [
        "error",
        "tab"
    ],
    "linebreak-style": [
        "error",
        "unix"
    ],
    "quotes": [
        "error",
        "single"
    ],
    "semi": [
        "error",
        "always"
    ]
}
}

I don't understand why this error is being thrown as I indicated tabs for indentation. It is obviously calculating my 1 tab as 4 spaced but I don't understand why it is doing that when I am pressing tab for indentation.

Thanks



via JohnSnow

No comments:

Post a Comment