Saturday 8 April 2017

Exposing Endpoints in OpenShift Online Node/Express Applications

I have an OpenShift Online application built using the Node.js cartridge. My application defines express routes in its server.js file (I just updated the default Node.js cartridge server.js file):

self.routes['/path'] = function(req, res) {
    // code
}

I'm trying to determine how to expose these endpoints in the deployed application. Currently I get 503 errors when I try to access my endpoints (http://app-user.rhcloud.com/path). My application works fine when I'm running it locally, so the issue is unique to the version deployed by OpenShift.

I believe I need to add the endpoints to my manifest.yml file but I'm not sure of the correct way to do this. Even directly editing the file (which does not seem correct) is impossible because it is read-only protected. The only documentation I've found seems to be specific to creating your own cartridges or to OpenShift Enterprise applications. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas



via Thomas Schellenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment