Tuesday 14 March 2017

Visual Studio 2017: Is it possible to disable Node.js?

Ever since upgrading to Visual Studio 2017, I have about five or six Node.js processes running and constantly taking up tons of CPU. This seems to happen mostly when debugging my ASP.NET website, and especially when compiling my Less and TypeScript files.

Frequently, just hitting Ctrl-S inside a Less file is enough to have Visual Studio stop responding for 20 seconds or more. This is extremely frustrating.

To be clear, this is not a Node.js project. I'm guessing that Visual Studio 2017 uses Node.js behind the scenes, perhaps for its Less and TypeScript compilation.

Is there any way to disable Node.js in Visual Studio 2017 and still have my TypeScript and Less files compile correctly?



via Brian Rak

No comments:

Post a Comment