Saturday 18 March 2017

Combine static site with node and add some AJAX

A bit new to the JS and Node landscape. I would like to ask you few questions. I had a simple site, with a structure imagine like:

mysite
  --index.html
  views
    --list.html
    --add.html

Now I wanted to serve my site from Node. All I did was restructure it in this way:

mysite
  index.js
  public
     --index.html
     views
       --list.html
       --add.html

In index.js added ability to serve static pages:

var app = express();
app.use(express.static(__dirname + "/public"));

Finally, now also say from list.html I want to issue an AJAX to my node server, for that I have (inside script):

$.get("/listofmovies", function(data, status){});

and on node:

app.get("/listofmovies", function(request, response){});

This all seems to work, my only question is:

is this the right way (or one of right ways) to set up a web site like this? and run it on node server?



via Giorgi Moniava

No comments:

Post a Comment