Tuesday 14 March 2017

Reading current values in Rasberry PI using Johnny Five

I have requirement of reading current parameters from a remote location (100s of remote locations) in realtime. I am done with the real time communication part of the problem (I did it using nodeJS and angularJS socket.io server and client modules). I am an computer science engineer not much into electronics and I've just read a few blogs on IOT. My problem is to make a circuit using a current (DC at least 50 A) sensor (preferably non invasive), and analog to digital converter (Like MCP 3008 IC etc.) and Raspberry PI ( I don't have an arduino). The current sensors I have found have a 3.5mm jack. How do I convert the analog current to Digital using the IC and give input to GPIO pins of raspberry (if anyone can please help me out with the diagram). If anyone can direct me how to read the current value from GPIO pins using nodeJS. I would be greatful.



via Pradeep Jain

No comments:

Post a Comment