Friday 17 March 2017

Local NodeJs App or JavaScript Script to work in background (query Instagram API)

I'm looking approach advice.

My client machine displays information, including social media feeds. I want to make a NodeJS app to query Instagram servers for latest tags and download those images so they're available on that client.

I was thinking of writing a Node.Js script to pull the images. It probably just needs to check the API every 5-10 minutes. Then my client will have a reasonably up to date repository of content to display.

In terms of approach would I: 1. Run this as a server instance. (I already have a basic, HTTP static file server running) 2. Write this as a simple script and run on CRON. 3. Re-factor my static file server into full node app. 4. Something else?

Would appreciate your help in determining a best approach with this one.



via Mike Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment