Thursday 20 April 2017

Why does swagger-codegen generate code that returns status 200 when there are validation errors

I used swagger-codegen to build a service api in javascript. When the call works it returns my custom defined type and status 200, but when there is a validation error it returns an error but also a status 200.

For example:

    {
  "message": "Request validation failed: Parameter (model) is required",
  "code": "REQUIRED",
  "failedValidation": true,
  "path": [
    "paths",
    "/make/ford",
    "get",
    "parameters",
    "0"
  ],
  "paramName": "model"
}

I would expect it to return status code 400 as my swagger.yml only specifies my user defined type as a response. How can I make the generated code return status 400 for validation errors?



via BeWarned

No comments:

Post a Comment