Thursday 20 April 2017

How to webpack a npm module?

I want to run the simpleWeather jQuery Plugin in the browser by using the npm module. I heard that I need to use a bundler, so I installed webpack.

This is the folder structure:

  • Weather

    • js
      • index.js
    • node_modules
      • jquery
      • simpleqeather
    • index.html
    • package.json
    • webpack.config.js

    simpleWeather.minimum.js

    $(document).ready(function() { $.simpleWeather({ location: 'Austin, TX', woeid: '', unit: 'f', success: function(weather) { html = '

    '+weather.temp+'°'+weather.units.temp+'

    ';
      $("#weather").html(html);
    },
    error: function(error) {
      $("#weather").html('<p>'+error+'</p>');
    }
    
    

    }); });

    module.exports = { entry: "./js/index.js", output: { filename: "js/bundle.js" } }

This does not work in the browser, I guess, I need to configure Webpack in some different way.

What do I need to do?



via user371

No comments:

Post a Comment