Thursday 20 April 2017

What is the practice on committing firebase files in a NodeJS app?

I've recently explored firebase for hosting a React app in a NodeJS environment. Initializing the firebase CLI tools created two files:

.firebaserc
firebase.json

What is the accepted practice for committing these files to the repository? No? I searched Google, and ironically diddn't find what I was looking for.


I work on two machines, and feel like .firebaserc is environment/machine specific, and thus should not be committed to the repository. If I were working on this project with other developers, I have a feeling that I would want firebase.json to be consistent between environments/machines. I would not want another developer making changes to firebase.json independent of others working on the codebase.

Thus, I am thinking commit firebase.json and adding .firebaserc to .gitignore.



via Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment