Thursday 20 April 2017

Installing Node alongside Flask

I'm currently starting a fresh Web Development Project and were planning on going down my fairly standard route of using Flask for my back end.

For the first time, I have considered the usage of Babel as I want to begin writing my client side code in ES6 whilst still allowing my code to be used on the majority of current browsers. TypeScript has also been suggested as an alternative (I am aware that TypeScript and Babel set out to do somewhat different things).

Both of these require installation via npm, which my research seems to indicate is a fairly sensible thing, and npm requires Node. My question is, is there anything weird or wonderful I should bear in mind when using Node just to have npm installed for package management?

As further background, the VM is running Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS.



via Dean Brunt

No comments:

Post a Comment