Tuesday, 18 April 2017

Best node framework for building a rest api [on hold]

I need a nodejs based backend API to serve data from a mongo database to a client application. Up till now I've been testing this with the Sails framework and it has been very straightforward and simple to use. My next step is to integrate user authentication for local users together with social networks authentication. Passport seems to be a good choice for this but I've been considering using the Express framework to create the api instead.

I found the sails-auth project and notice that this was not longer maintained and there's not to many tutorials around the passport implementation which makes me hesitate in my initial choice. The Express framework seems like a a better solution in the long run. It feels more stable to work with Express in this case of writing an API to the database, with an authentication service and also for future step in implementing sockets to serve the client. From what I can judge, it also seems to better community, documentation tutorials etc around Express, it's seems more robust and I feel that I get better control. I am interested to hear from others with experience around this on what would be the best choice for a node based server api.



via Dilemmat_Dag

No comments:

Post a Comment