Friday 2 June 2017

Upload File in Node.js via Multer

I have a Node.js web app. In the app I'm using Express. I need to let a user upload a picture. To do that, I've reviewed some examples online, but none seem to meet my needs. Specifically, I want to get the file that was uploaded, save it to the local disk, and do some manipulation on it. Right now, I have the following:

const app = this;
const multer  = require('multer')
const upload = multer({ dest: 'uploads/' })

app.post('/picture/upload', upload.single('picture'), function(req, res) {
  console.log('uploaded');
  var picture = req.file;
  console.log(picture);
  res.send({ id: 1, fileName: 'info', originalName: 'name' });
});

When I upload a file from my web page, I see the following in the console window:

uploaded
undefined

When I look in Fiddler, I can see that the image is being passed to the server. It's just like I'm not "accessing" it properly. How do I get an uploaded file on the server side in Node?

Thank you!



via user687554

No comments:

Post a Comment