Saturday 3 June 2017

Upserting with Mongoose

I have a schema that is defined like

var UserSchema = mongoose.Schema({
    user: {
        ipAddress: String,
        pollIDs: [{
            id: String
        }]
    }
});

var User = module.exports = mongoose.model('User', UserSchema);

What I want to create is a route that checks the requests ip address, see if it exists in the database, if it doesn't create a new document with the ipAddress property set accordingly and the current req.body.poll_id to be an element in the pollIDs array.

However, if there is a document with that ip address I want the req.body.poll_id to be pushed into the pollIDs array.

I would demonstrate my first attempt, but I know that I've messed up the parameters on the findOneAndUpdate call.



via daman

No comments:

Post a Comment