Thursday 4 May 2017

Redirecting to HTML page from AJAX response sent from Node server

From my Webpage I send an AJAX Post request :

 $.ajax({
        url:"/test",
        type:"POST",
        data:{"final":data},
        dataType   : "json",
        success    : function(data){
            console.log(data);
        },
        error:function (data) {
            console.log(data);

        }
    });

Which reached my express route:

app.post('/test', function(req, res) {
    console.log("reached post") 
  //business logic
 res.render(path.join(__dirname+'/../views/index'), {data: body1});

});

But if Im not wrong, my view HTML response will be returned to the AJAX call which will not be rendered in the browser. How do I go about rendering this response ? Or is there any other method to do this?



via RJP

No comments:

Post a Comment