Saturday 6 May 2017

Do I need to use Node.js for my web app?

I want to make a web app that allows users to pick two genres and have the app play a song that fits a combination of those two genres. So for example, if a user were to pick hip-hop and rock as their genres then the app might play a song from the beastie boys. The app would look similar to moodfuse.com but instead of the user picking a choice of mood and genre they would just be choosing two genres. All songs are retrieved from youtube using the youtube api. Im really new to making web apps and web development in general but I really want to work on something big. My question is would i need to use something like node.js for my app? I know node.js is used when you want to have a persistent connection between a browser and server but i dont know it well enough to know if i need to use it here. I know it sounds stupid but i dont want to spend a lot of my time learning node.js until i know for a fact that it will be needed for my web app. Also, feel free to suggest any advice on my web app if you have any. Thanks.



via ad562

No comments:

Post a Comment