Saturday 6 May 2017

How to get Appcelerator Studio to use different node js version

I have other node js projects that use version 6.10.2. Appcelerator, to my knowledge, can only use up to version 4.6.x. I'm using a node version manager (nvm) to switch between 6.10.2 and 4.6.2 but Appcelerator always uses the 6.10.2 version making my Appcelerator projects not compile correctly.

I've verified that nvm is switching correctly. I've added the the location of 4.6.2 to the Nod Js *Node Executable" field under Appcelerator preferences.

But when I build the project in Appcelerator, I get:

Node.js
Node.js Version             = 6.10.2
npm Version                 = 2.15.11

FATAL ERROR: v8::ToLocalChecked Empty MaybeLocal.

It works if only have node js v4.6.2 installed, but I need both available (which is why I'm using something like nvm).



via daudirsch

No comments:

Post a Comment