Friday 2 June 2017

What is the right technology to constantly stream customized data to multiple users?

I have a mobile game idea which I would like to develop using Node.js and React. I am quite experienced in traditional web applications, yet I am not sure what kind of technology would be the best for this task.

The game is a virtual RPG adventure. The players will wander around in real life with their smartphones to solve tasks and reach certain destinations. They will constantly send and receive data, not unlike Pokemon GO. The server must evaluate their positions at certain intervals and send update on their situation.

Which is the right technology for this? It's obviously not a simple stream because every player shall receive different data. I guess Node.js can nicely handle it, but what would be the right solution to receive and send multiple data streams simultaneously?

The players' movement, achievements and items must be recorded in a database, to which MongoDB seems to be a natural choice. However I don't know how effective it would be if I used it to select items by GPS coordinates by supplying a radius and a location.

The mobile app itself will be written using Cordova and React.

What is your insight on these dilemmas? Thanks for every piece of advice!



via Tamás Polgár

No comments:

Post a Comment