Friday 2 June 2017

Webpack compile issue - "toString" failed

Just tried to compile my webpack project and received the following error:

/Users/Chris/Google Drive/AcademyReact/app/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:0



Error: "toString()" failed
    at Buffer.toString (buffer.js:509:11)
    at utf8BufferToString (/Users/Chris/Google Drive/AcademyReact/app/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:16:16)
    at nextLoader (/Users/Chris/Google Drive/AcademyReact/app/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:274:15)
    at /Users/Chris/Google Drive/AcademyReact/app/node_modules/webpack-core/lib/NormalModuleMixin.js:259:5
    at Storage.finished (/Users/Chris/Google Drive/AcademyReact/app/node_modules/enhanced-resolve/lib/CachedInputFileSystem.js:38:16)
    at /Users/Chris/Google Drive/AcademyReact/app/node_modules/graceful-fs/graceful-fs.js:78:16
    at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:439:3)

The project was working absolutely fine before, but for some reason this error started popping up. I haven't made any changes at all to the project - the only changes I have made are to the node.js API server from where the app draws its data.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what is causing this? The error doesn't make any reference to any of my files so struggling to debug. I've searched Google and SO for answers but couldn't find anything relevant - the only reference to a Buffer.toString() error I could find related to large file sizes, but I'm not sure that's the issue here.

Thanks!



via Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment