Thursday 1 June 2017

NPM Scripts Post Hook not Firing

I am testing using NPm scripts to evemtually remove my reliance on Gulp. I am starting simply with one main custom script called watch. This script will ultimately run all scripts prefaced with the watch name; for example watch:styles. My watch:styles script will use node-sass to compile my sass files down into CSS. This works. However, my next step is creating a postwatch:styles script that runs the newly created .css files through PostCSS and Autoprefixer.

The Problem, though, is my postwatch:styles hook is never triggered to run.

package.json { "name": "npm-scripts-test", "version": "1.0.0", "description": "", "main": "index.js", "scripts": { "watch": "npm-run-all --parallel watch:*", "watch:styles": "node-sass -w ./src/styles/main.scss ./dist/assets/styles/app.css", "postwatch:styles": "postcss -u autoprefixer --no-map ./dist/assets/styles/app.css -o ./dist/assets/styles/app.css" }, "author": "", "license": "ISC", "devDependencies": {}, "dependencies": { "autoprefixer": "^7.1.1", "node-sass": "^4.5.3", "postcss-cli": "^4.0.0", "yarn-run-all": "^3.1.1" }, "browserslist": [ "last 3 versions" ] }

Any advice or suggestions as to why my post hook isn't firing? The initial watch:styles runs just fine. If I run yarn postwatch:styles manually the script runs correctly. Could there be a silent error on my watch"styles that is preventing the hook from firing?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.



via Yuschick

No comments:

Post a Comment