Monday 12 June 2017

node.js and nodemailer how to save attachments

I am using node version 7.10.0 with:

pdf2json version 1.1.7 mail parser version 2.0.5 smtp-server version 3.0.1

I have received an email with a PDF attachment and I want to parse the PDF using pdf2json without saving the PDF to disk, I have the byte array from the email attachment. How can I parse this directly to the module?

I thought I could do this:

    const pdfParser     = require("pdf2json");

    let objPDF = new pdfParser();
    objPDF.parseBuffer(arybytContent);

Where 'arybytContent' is the content from the mail attachment:

    arybytContent = objAttachment["content"]["data"];

Looking at objPDF using Chrome, it doesn't look like the content has been parsed correctly, is the content encoded in some way?

I've tried searching online for help, but couldn't find anything.



via SPlatten

No comments:

Post a Comment