Monday 12 June 2017

Google Cloud Function : support for Google Cloud KMS

I am using a Google Cloud Function (GCF) with a Pubsub trigger which sends a HTTP request to a third party API.

The GCF receives notifications from a Pubsub topic used by a service which should not be aware of the third party API.

The third party API requires an authentication using Basic HTTP Authentication.

In order to not to have to hardcode the password in my source code I am using Google KMS to generate a new encrypted key each time I deploy my function. I am using Google Cloud KMS to decrypt the secret each time the function is instantiated.

For decrypting using KMS I have to provide a private key for a service account to the NodeJS Google API.

My main problem today is that I have to push my private key to the GCloud Bucket if I want my GCF to work properly.

Is it possible by using either the Runtime Configurator or the Deployment Manager to configure secrets for a Google Cloud Function?

Thanks you.



via JackTheRipper

No comments:

Post a Comment