Monday 12 June 2017

Deploying AngularJS app to Azure via github not working

Sort of a long backstory here. I'm currently working for a company that has a web app that was written years ago and never been maintained and now needs some updates. The guy who initially wrote it was a friend of the boss, and for some reason, instead of hosting it on the company's Azure account, it's hosted on the guy's personal Google Cloud account. He's long since left the company, and now we need to move the app over to the company's Azure account.

In Azure, we created a new web app, and set it to pull from our repo. First build failed, but that's because it was using a really old Kudu deployment script. So I generated a new one (using azure-cli) and pushed the new script. In Azure, the build succeeded now, but when I go to the url for the site, nothing is there. As far as I can tell, the app is never starting.

Here's all of the information that I could think of that might be relevant. I don't fully understand all of the gruntfile stuff (I just know I type 'grunt serve' to work on the app locally :P), so I'm not sure if that's what I'm missing or what. If there's any other info needed, just let me know and I can add it.

Thanks for any help!



via Keirathi

No comments:

Post a Comment