Wednesday 17 May 2017

"submit and post to Facebook" button

I feel very lost now because it looks like FB is taking a way the custom features in the feed dialog method. In the past if I wanted to have a "submit and post to facebook" on my webapp. I would use features like "picture", "caption", and "dsecription". This was perfect because when users make a review they can click on the "submit and post to facebook" and they will share the review data that they entered and I would generate an image based off their review.(like show parts of the text of the review). It looks like Facebook is deprecating these very useful parameters. I don't know why. The users can agree to share the post(image that comes with it) or not.

And I was able to do a redirect that had a returned query string that told me if the user clicked cancel. I think they already got rid of that. Another plus is that I didn't have to have the user signup with my site or ask them special permissions.

Can someone please tell me how to add this type of feature now. "submit and post to facebook" .

I need to make sure that they share to FB was successful. The query string that they deprecated helped me out before.

With open graph I'm not sure if it can help be with this dynamic review data.



via jack blank

No comments:

Post a Comment