Friday 19 May 2017

ReactJS ReduxJS what is going on?

I'm an old web developer, i'm used to html, css, js (jquery) and using a server side language like Java, Cold fusion or PHP.

Now for the life of me i can't find a good explanation or a how to get started. It just doesn't make sense and i've spent the last 3 days watching tutorials and reading books. This isn't to complain, but to ask a favor. Someone please explain to me how this architecture is setup. In the past, you would have an html file and inject some placeholders which would be filled in by your server side language.

What's the structure now? I have create a Ubuntu server, i have installed NodeJS and it's associations, i created a reverse proxy and installed nginx as my server. PM2 is my process manager for NodeJS apps. Am i on the right track so far?

If so, where does reactjs, reduxjs, babeljs, what is webpack for npm? What is my next step, i'm so confused that i don't know what all of these things are. In particular what is the difference between reactjs, redsuxjs and bablejs and any others, are these all just front end libraries or? What's the npm webpack. Then there's redux and react-reduct, what? Thanks for the clarification.

My goal

I want to learn how to make a single page application and takes advantage with as much of bootstrap as possible. I thought react would be the way to go but i'd really appreciate some clarifications and not just a copy-paste from their website descriptions. Thank you guys/gals.



via JordanGS

No comments:

Post a Comment