Wednesday 17 May 2017

require is not defined at npm.js:2

Forgive me if this is something simple as my research has come up empty in regards to this specific issue. I am using Bootstrap the most recent release. I have noticed that there is a file that is new from previous releases called npm.js. I am hosting all the Bootstrap files locally on my hosted web server. I call the file like all the others in the head to the full path to the file. In the console I have this error.

npm.js:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: require is not defined at npm.js:2

Which is referring to this line.

require('../../js/transition.js')`

Which is from this npm.js file that is in the newest Bootstrap

// This file is autogenerated via the `commonjs` Grunt task. You can require() this file in a CommonJS environment.
require('../../js/transition.js')
require('../../js/alert.js')
require('../../js/button.js')
require('../../js/carousel.js')
require('../../js/collapse.js')
require('../../js/dropdown.js')
require('../../js/modal.js')
require('../../js/tooltip.js')
require('../../js/popover.js')
require('../../js/scrollspy.js')
require('../../js/tab.js')
require('../../js/affix.js')

I am unfamilar with this so I am not sure why I am getting this error but, how can I surpress this error and fix this issue? Do I even need this file? From what I understand if I am using modals or tooltips etc I need this. Is this correct?



via Texan78

No comments:

Post a Comment