Tuesday 30 May 2017

How can I stream data to a web page from my raspberry pi?

Lately I have been doing a lot of research into how to stream data to a locally hosted webpage from my raspberry pi 3. My goal is eventually to build a small robot that I can control through this webpage.

But im taking baby steps to get there. So what I want to accomplish right now, is to see sensor data (or just random numbers for now) live on a locally hosted web page.

So far I have managed to create a webpage using HTML and python which lets me control the GPIO pins as well as printing data. But the data is static, and I want to see a live feed. I have also experimented with setting up a LAMP server, but all of the tutorials I have seen are complicated and I dont understand (does anyone know how to use comments these days?). I have also done some research into node.js and javascript but I havent played with it yet. I also looked into websockets but that was pretty confusing too.

SO MY QUESTION IS, what is the best method I should use to just output a stream of data to a web page that I can view from any device on the same local network.

Keep in mind I am more of a mechanically minded person and im not so good with in depth software development, so please explain things to me like im 5. Im just looking for a basic example. nothing fancy.

Thank you, Adam



via Adam Day

No comments:

Post a Comment