Sunday 19 March 2017

Deploying to Google App Engine does not work due to health check interval even though I am below the limit

I recently made some changes to my app.yaml file (for a Node.js project) and decided to extend my health check pings to 4 minute intervals. According to the app.yaml documentation, the check_interval_sec should contain an integer t hat represents the number of seconds between a health check is conducted. This defaults to 5 but I wanted to change it so I did the following:

# [START app_yaml]
runtime: nodejs
env: flex
automatic_scaling:
    min_num_instances: 1
    max_num_instances: 2
health_check:
    enable_health_check: True
    check_interval_sec: 240
    timeout_sec: 4
    unhealthy_threshold: 2
    healthy_threshold: 2
env_variables:
    NODE_ENV: development
# [END app_yaml]

As you can see, I set the limit to 240 seconds which is 4 minutes. When I deploy the application, it throws the following error:

[{\"domain\":\"global\",\"message\":\"Invalid value for field 'resource.checkIntervalSec': '7200'. Must be less than or equal to 300\",\"reason\":\"invalid\"}]

Notice that the error says my check_interval_sec must be below 300 but apparently I submitted 7200? Not sure what's going on here. Does anyone know how to fix this?



via Nag

No comments:

Post a Comment