Sunday 21 May 2017

Use Node.js to start a Unity instance on Ubuntu server as Authoritative multiplayer server

I'm trying to host a dedicated server using Node.js on an Ubuntu server, that will receive clients, then perform matchmaking, then start a Unity3D game instance, then forward the clients to the port for that game instance.

This is my first time trying to work with networking outside of Unity.

Is it DoAble / is there a better Method or Tool for the job: If i can use Node.js to receive clients, and access their data for matchmaking, How do start an instance of unity though Node.js?; each instance of my unity game acting as the authoritative server for the groups of players.

side note. I'm new to Linux and Node.js, but have worked in JavaScript and made unity multiplayer games; what types of things should I familiarize myself with for networking, I found out what ip/tcp/udp are, but not sure how to format my data to send or what to expect when trying to receive data.



via Brucifer

No comments:

Post a Comment