Thursday 18 May 2017

Recommended Memory and CPU for Node app azure website

I run a SaaS based websites build in Node and hosted on Azure. I am using an Azure websites S3-Plan with 4 Core & 7GB RAM.

With a single instance running my standard Memory usage is 65% while CPU is 10%. Now when I get a spike my app starts to slow down and eventually the node application crashes. During this time my memory goes up-to 70% while CPU is around 20-25%.

The question is what should be the scale metrics or limit to make a decision on where should I scale. Can the machine handle a 80% Memory and 50% CPU consumption and still work at the optimum performance?

Secondly what is the recommended Memory and CPU % for Node to work and provide optimum performance.



via Zeeshan Hasan

No comments:

Post a Comment