Friday 19 May 2017

node-soap wssecuritycert with private root certificate authority

Background information.

My company requires certs to access soap services. They require me to submit a csr to them and they sign it with their root CA. they then send back the signed certificate with their root ca certificate.

Portacle I've got this working in SoapUI by using the Program Portacle to import the pem file i got back and to import the root cert (the CA cert) I then use Portacle to export the keypair with private key and certificates in pem format. oh and I also secure the keypair with a password.

SoapUI In SoapUI I add the exported pem file to the Keystores area under WS-Security Configurations along with the password I used in the Portacle step. I then configure the Outgoing WS-Security Configurations by adding a WSS Signature entry with the following config. Keystore the one I setup above Password the password I setup above Binary Security Token Signature Algorithm: rsa-sha1 Signature Canonicalization: default Digest Algorithm: sha1 Use Single Certificate: yes

In my soap requests I use authorization: Basic and I select my WSS configuration for OutgoingWSS: that I setup above.

In node-soap. I'm unsure how to set this up. I've tried using the .pem file I exported from Portacle for both the privatekey and publick key and putting in my password. node-soap takes this but I get back and error: authorizationError: 'SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN' I've tried breaking out the pem file into private key and cert and I've tried using syswide-cas to load the root-ca cert into node I've also tried using ssl-root-cas to load the root-ca into node and as a last attempt I tried adding process.env.NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED = "0"; but still get the same error every time. not sure how to proceed



via Chris Deleo

No comments:

Post a Comment