Tuesday 16 May 2017

How to test node module with Chai when the class requires a personal token as parameter?

How can I make tests on my node module when is required to pass a personal token as parameter?

It is causing errors with Travis CI building process:

e.g.: No 'your_personal_access_token' specified.

test.js e.g.:

var expect = require('chai').expect;
var module = require('../index')({
'your_personal_access_token': <token>
});

And on module, I verify if the parameter was passed to the class when initialized, like below:

index.js e.g.:

function Module(config) {

  if(!config) {
    console.error(`No 'config' parameter specified.`);
  } else if (!config.your_personal_access_token) {
    console.error(`No 'your_personal_access_token' specified.`);
  }
...
}

I don't want to expose the token to public. I already tried to use process.env.TOKEN but it causes same error on Travis CI.



via gcfabri

No comments:

Post a Comment