Sunday 21 May 2017

How to store jwt in browser?

I'm using JSON Web Tokens for the first time. I'm making a nodejs app using hydra-express framework. I want to use jwt for authentication. As per the docs, I m returning the json token to the front-end.

    var tokenData = {
                        username: req.body.username,
                    };
    var result = {
        username: req.body.username,
        token: jwt.sign(tokenData, 'secret', { expiresIn: 60 * 60 })
    };

    res.json(result);

But I don't know how to save this json token to my browser header so that it doesn't get lost and is again sent to the back-end along with the header. How to save it in my browser storage and add it to the request header each time a request is sent to the backend?



via Aman Dwivedi

No comments:

Post a Comment