Wednesday 17 May 2017

How are scripts imported?

I've installed Angular for trying this out. I have node.js installed with npm, and I installed the @angular/cli package globally. Then I did: ng new testproject. I now have all the files installed. I did npm install and npm start and everything worked, even the app said so! (LOL).

Now, when I look into the files and see the index.html file in my ./src, there is not a lot of stuff going on.

<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8">
  <title>Testproject</title>
  <base href="/">
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
  <link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="favicon.ico">
</head>
<body>
  <app-root>Loading...</app-root>
</body>
</html>

This feels strange. Angular is made with JavaScript (compiled Typescript). But when I look at the developer tools in Google Chrome, I can see that there are actually script tags inside my html.

Can someone explain me how these files got here? What is happening on the server-side, and which files make this happen? Thank you.



via broodjetom

No comments:

Post a Comment