Wednesday 24 May 2017

Hosting My Web Applicaton (React/Redux - NodeJS/Express - MSSQL)

I have a questions regarding hosting my web application. Before I give the breakdown of what i am trying to achieve please respect my approach and answer my question inline with my solution. I know there is always another way. I am going to be obtaining a virtual windows server that I want to use to host all of my wep app components on. My application consists of a MSSQL DB, NodeJS/ExpressJS backend (RESTAPI) and a React/Redux client. I am hoping I can host all of this on one server using IIS. I only want to purchase one domain and one SSL certificate for my client. My question:

Can i simply point my client REST calls to localhost to access my RESTAPI or will my RESTAPI need an external IP also protected with a SSL certificate that my client will communicate with?



via Henry John Nieuwenhuizen

No comments:

Post a Comment