Saturday 22 April 2017

Trouble connecting to AWS Athena via JDBC using Node Lambda

I am trying to use AWS's JDBC Driver to allow a Lambda function running Node 6.10 to connect to AWS Athena and create a database. (I will also want to be able to create and query against tables inside of that databse).

I have tried the following code from an answer to a similar question:

var JDBC = require('jdbc');
var jinst = require('jdbc/lib/jinst');

if (!jinst.isJvmCreated()) {
  jinst.addOption("-Xrs");
  jinst.setupClasspath(['./AthenaJDBC41-*.jar']);
}

var config = {
  // Required 
  url: 'jdbc:awsathena://athena.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:443',
   // Optional 
  drivername: 'com.amazonaws.athena.jdbc.AthenaDriver',
  minpoolsize: 10,
  maxpoolsize: 100,
  properties: {
                s3_staging_dir: 's3://aws-athena-query-results-*/',
                log_path: '/logs/athenajdbc.log',
                user: 'access_key',
                password: 'secret_key'
   }
};


var hsqldb = new JDBC(config);

hsqldb.initialize(function(err) {
  if (err) {
    console.log(err);
  }
});

When I run this on my own machine (Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6), I see the popup pictured below with the message No Java runtime present, requesting install. printed to my console.

Popop

When I deploy my code to Lambda and run it there, it fails with the following message:

Error: /var/task/node_modules/java/build/Release/nodejavabridge_bindings.node: invalid ELF header

When run locally, I can see that things fail at the var hsqldb = new JDBC(config); line, but when running on Lambda, the error occurs immediately upon requiring JDBC (the first line of the code above).



via M Griest

No comments:

Post a Comment