Saturday 22 April 2017

Building a website for users to chat with video, audio and text with nodeJS

I am trying to build a website kind of like https://appear.in/ I have built already a text chat like you can see here http://videochat-pap.herokuapp.com/

I am using socket.io over nodeJS, and I am trying to implement a way to have a video chat type. My inicial goal was to have a many-to-many skype like conference, but now i only need one-to-one kind of call, but without the call itself, just enter the website, enter your username and there you have it, a call to the next persons that enters the room.

I tried to figure out how I can make that but everytime I find something on google it tells me that either I need to use a call kind of system or I can't use socket.io

Some of the library I have heard off are

  • EasyRTC
  • SimpleWebRTC
  • PeerJS

I want to know if any of this is an option, and if it's really necessary to loose socket.io, and just stick with one of those options.



via Gonçalo Correia

No comments:

Post a Comment